Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Playing With Oil Pastel


Recently half of my dining table has been commandeered by my inks, oil pastels, watercolours and pencils. It's the best way to keep me busy whilst Jack is busy working on his next album. During the day, I'm upstairs doing the cutes on my computer for Doodle Press and in the evening, when I need to get away from the screen, I can play around with my toys in a different room.

I like trying new things. I've had oil pastels for ages, but it's only until now that I've decided to experiment. These are the better drawings from my sketchbook using the pastels. I referenced the models from my 1950s Good Housekeeping magazine. The bright colours make them look more like 1980s fashion illustrations. I like the loose style. I put a few pencil lines down on the page as guides then just broadly used the blunt pastels on the whole page without worrying about the little details.

1 comment:

Whispering Thoughts said...

Nice paintings. I liked the first one the best.